18 Apr You can now update Themes & Plugins from your Dashboard!
The KEY to prevent being hacked is to keep your Themes and Plugins Updated. Be sure to read this Post about my 4 easy, fast and free steps you need to take before updating anything:
If you purchased your Theme or any plugins (sliders mostly) from Themeforest they now have a Plugin that will let you do it from your WordPress Dashboard. This is especially crucial for Themes as downloading and uploading a new version of a Theme has caused problems.
BUT before you use this contact whomever created your Theme and ask if they approve of this Plugin. My own Theme is a bit ‘advanced’ and it worked fine! Of course, with any Theme update there may be necessary changes. In one website I just updated the Theme the font was a lot bigger – but that was an easy change.
- FIRST Log into your Themeforest/Envato Account using ONLY Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- Go to: http://envato.github.io/wp-envato-market/
- Click Download.Zip at the top of the page (do NOT open the envato-market.zip folder).
- In your dashboard go to Plugins and Add New and Upload Plugin. Browse to find it – probably in your Downloads folder. Click Install Now and then Activate Plugin.
- Envato Market will now be in the left column of your Dashboard.
- Click the ‘generate a personal token’, accept and then copy the Token.
- Go back to your Dashboard and past it.
- Go to Appearance/Themes and update it.
NOTE: Sometimes it may take a few minutes for the Updates to show.